Wetheringsett cum Brockford Neighbourhood Plan
The Wetheringsett cum Brockford Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is being prepared by their parish council and local community. When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the plan's area.
A first draft version of this NDP reached the examination stage in May 2023 but was then withdrawn by the parish council so they could carry out more consultation and correct a procedural issue. A second draft NDP is now coming forwards.
Second draft Wetheringsett cum Brockford NDP
Reg 14 Pre-submission consultation (16 Oct – 30 Nov 2023)
The parish council are consulting on their 2nd pre-submission draft NDP. The consultation ends on Thursday 30 November 2023.
Please visit the parish council's website for more information.
First draft Wetheringsett cum Brockford NDP
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Suspended - 12 May 2023)
Mid Suffolk District Council appointed Janet Cheesley BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI to carry out an independent examination of the first draft Wetheringsett cum Brockford NDP.
Following a high level review, and in response to her ‘open letter’ dated 12 April 2023, the Examiner accepted a request from the Parish Council that they be allowed to withdraw their plan from examination. A full explanation can be found within the examination correspondence document published below:
Reg 16 Submission consultation (23 Jan to 10 March 2023)
Public consultation on the first draft Wetheringsett cum Brockford NDP took place between 23 January and 10 March 2023. The Parish Council (the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A Map identifying the NDP Area
- The submission draft Wetheringsett cum Brockford NDP 2022 – 2037
- A Consultation Statement
- A Basic Conditions Statement
- A Housing Needs Assessment Report (AECOM, Oct 2022)
- A Design Guidelines document (AECOM, Sept 22)
- An Environmental Assets Report
- Copies of the SEA and HRA Screening Reports and Determination Notices (see under Previous Stages section below)
Our initial checks suggested that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage. View the Regulation 15 Checklist (Jan 2023).
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the examiner and, with the exception of personal contact details, be published on this website.
SEA/HRA screening and determination (Sept 2022)
The pre-submission draft NDP was screened to decide whether a strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and or a habitats regulations assessment (HRA) were needed. Both were 'screened-out'. The relevant reports and determination notices are published below:
- Read the Wetheringsett NDP SEA screening report (LUC, Aug 2022)
- Read the Wetheringsett NDP SEA determination notice (Sept 2022)
- Read the Wetheringsett NDP HRA screening report (LUC, Aug 2022)
- Read the Wetheringsett NDP HRA determination notice (Sept 2022)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (20 Jun to 5 Aug 2022)
Pre-submission consultation on the first draft NDP ended on 5 August 2022.