Debenham Neighbourhood Plan
The Debenham Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) has been prepared by Debenham Parish Council and the local community and will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Formal Adoption (March 2019)
At its Full Council meeting on 18 March 2019, Mid Suffolk District Council resolved to 'make' (adopt) the Debenham NDP following a majority 'yes' vote in favour of doing so by local residents.
The Plan, which covers the period to 2036, now forms part of the development plan framework for the District and will be used in the determination of planning applications submitted in Debenham unless material conditions indicate otherwise.
- View the adopted Debenham Neighbourhood Plan 2016 - 2036
- View the adoption Decision Statement
- View the Debenham NDP Area Map
Reg 18 Local Referendum (7 Feb 2019)
- View the Referendum Result
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Sept - Oct 2018)
- View the Debenham NDP Examination Report (Oct 2018)
- See also Examination Correspondence and List of Reg 14 Consultees
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (2 July - 24 Aug 2018)
- View the submission draft Debenham NDP (May 2018) and list of Supporting Documents (Updated Sept 2018)
- View the Consultation Statement, the Basic Conditions Statement and Environmental Report
- View the Consultation Responses, the Parish Councils Response and the Proposal (Overview) Map and Proposal (Insert) Map referred to in their letter.
- See also the Reg 15 Checklist
SEA / HRA Screening & Determination (Mar 2018)
- View the updated Debenham NP SEA & HRA Screening Report (v2) (Place Services, Jun 2018) - which reflects advice from Natural England but which does not alter the conclusions reached in the Determination Notices
- View the original Debenham NP SEA & HRA Screening Report (Place Services, Jan 2018)
- View the Debenham NP SEA Determination Notice (Mar 2018)
- View the Debenham NP HRA Determination Notice (Mar 2018)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (1 Feb - 16 Mar 2018)
- See the Debenham PC website for more details.
Reg 05 Area Designation (3 Sept 2014)
- View the Area Designation documents.