Beyton Neighbourhood Plan
The Beyton Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is being prepared by Beyton Parish Council and the local community. When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Final Report - 11 Sept 2023)
Mid Suffolk District Council appointed Ann Skippers BSc (Hons) MRTPI FHEA FRSA AoU to carry out an independent examination of the Beyton NDP. The examination included a two-week consultation on two matters, the first relating to the Special Landscape Area Appraisal, the other to minor discrepancies between some Local Green Spaces boundary maps.
On Monday 11 September 2023 the Examiner issued her final report. It recommends that subject to certain modifications this NDP meets the basic conditions and that it should proceed to a local referendum.
Planning Practice Guidance also provides advice on the weight to be attached to a post-examination plan.
- the Examination Correspondence document
- the Focused Consultation Letter (Aug 2023)
- the Consultation Responses
Reg 16 Submission consultation (6 Mar to 26 Apr 2023)
In accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations, 2012 (as amended), the submission draft Beyton NDP was made available for public consultation between 6 March and 26 April 2023.
The Parish Council (as the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A Map identifying the NDP Area
- The submission draft Beyton NDP 2018 – 2037
- A Consultation Statement
- A Basic Conditions Statement
- Copies of the SEA and HRA Screening Reports and Determination Notices (see under Previous Stages section below)
- An SEA Report (AECOM, Feb 2022)
- A Site Options and Assessment report (AECOM, Jan 2020)
- A Site Masterplans Report (AECOM, Aug 2022) (This is a large 18Mb file)
- A Beyton Design Codes (AECOM, Feb 2021)
- A Local Green Space Assessment
- An Assessment of Important Views
- A Non-designated Heritage Asset Assessment
An assessment on how this NDP meets the basic conditions will be undertaken by an Independent Examiner. Our initial check suggests that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage. View the Regulation 15 Checklist.
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the independent examiner and, with the exception of personal contact details, be published on this website.
SEA and HRA Screening and Determination (May 2021)
The pre-submission draft NDP was screened to determine whether a strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and or a habitats regulations assessment (HRA) were needed. The need for an SEA report was 'screened-in'. The need for an HRA was 'screened-out'. The relevant reports and determination notices are published below:
- Read the Beyton NDP SEA Screening Report (Land Use Consultants, Mar 2021)
- Read the Beyton NDP SEA Determination Notice (May 2021)
- Read the Beyton NDP HRA Screening Report (Place Services, Apr 2021)
- Read the Beyton NDP HRA Determination Notice (May 2021)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (27 Feb to 23 Apr 2021)
Consultation on the pre-submission draft version Beyton NDP closed on 23 April 2021
Please visit the parish council's website for more information.