There are several animal licences that you can apply for within the district. These licences would allow you to:

  • provide boarding for cats (via a cattery) or dogs (via a kennel)
  • provide dog day care
  • provide home boarding for dogs, or become a home boarding agent
  • breed dogs
  • hire out horses
  • keep dangerous wild animals
  • keep or train animals for exhibition
  • sell animals as pets
  • open a zoo
Please note that our Licensing team are not responsible for administering animal licences. You need to apply for an animal licence through our Food Safety and Hygiene team.

Animal licence register

We publish and maintain a register of valid animal licences currently held in the district.