Thurston Neighbourhood Plan
The Thurston Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) has been prepared by the Parish Council and local community and will now be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Formal Adoption (Oct 2019)
At its Full Council meeting on 24 October 2019, Mid Suffolk District Council resolved to 'make' (adopt) the Thurston NDP following a majority 'Yes' vote in favour of doing so by local residents.
The Plan, which covers the period up to 2036, now forms part of the development plan framework for the District. It will be used in the determination of planning applications submitted in Thurston, unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
- View the adopted Thurston Neighbourhood Plan
- View the Adoption Decision Statement
- View the Thurston NDP Area Map
Reg 18 Local Referendum (12 Sept 2019)
Reg 17 Independent Examination (April 2019)
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (21 Jan – 6 Mar 2019)
- View the submission draft Thurston NDP (Dec 2018), the Glossary and list of Supporting Documents
- View the Consultation Statement and Basic Conditions Statement
- View the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) & Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) Determination Notices which confirmed that the Plan is unlikely to have significant environmental effects
- View the Consultation Responses and Parish Council's Response
SEA / HRA Screening & Determination (Oct 2018)
- View the Thurston NP SEA / HRA Screening Report (Place Services, Aug 2018)
- View the Thurston NP SEA Determination Notice (Oct 2018)
- View the Thurston NP HRA Determination Notice (Oct 2018)