Make a planning application

Apply for planning permission

You can make your own planning application(s), or you can hire a planning agent to work on your behalf.

You can apply for:

via our online forms. The accepted form of payment is debit or credit card.

Make a Householder application for planning permission

Apply for discharge of conditions

Please note that these online forms can take a moment to load. Please contact our Planning team if you have any problems.

Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a receipt via email. Our Validation team will check the contents of your submission, and your payment details.

We are looking to develop other online forms, for other planning works, in the future. In the meantime, please apply for all other types of development via Planning Portal:

Apply for all other types of planning permission

You will be able to attach any relevant electronic plans or drawings.

Please note that Planning Portal is a third party website that's used by local planning authorities across the country. We are not responsible for any additional charges you may have to pay whilst using this site. Please email if you have any questions.

Apply for Modification (or discharge) of a Section 106 planning obligation

You can apply for modification, or discharge, of a Section 106 (S106) planning obligation by downloading and completing an application form.

Please send your completed form to

If you need this application form in a different format, please contact us.

Babergh: modification or discharge of a S106 planning obligation
Mid Suffolk: modification or discharge of a S106 planning obligation

Apply for planning permission via post

Use the Planning Portal's paper forms generator to download and print an application form. You may post the application form, supporting documents and cheque (if applicable) to:

Endeavour House
8 Russell Road

Background material

We always recommend seeking pre-application advice as it will cost you to hire an agent and submit a planning application. We can advise on the following:

  • Whether your project needs permission/consent
  • Whether it is likely to be supported in principle
  • The information you are likely to be asked for

What we do with your information

If you would like to know how we use any personal information you provide us, please read our Development Management Privacy Notice.